Friday, September 30, 2011

Sweater Weather

Fall is officially here on Vancouver Island. Some may be crying out in protest, begging the sunny days of summer to return for just a little while longer. But, I am thrilled.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy summer as much as the next girl.  But even more than sun-bathing and cocktail-sipping, I love the cool mornings, crackling leaves and harvested abundance of autumn.

Besides, fall is sweater weather! Who doesn't relish an excuse to bundle up in a much-loved sweater? This time of year (in Canada anyway) is the perfect balance of cool enough for a sweater, but not cold enough for a coat. And I love it.

But, let's not let the sweater get all the glory. Fall accessories are part of the fun too. Knitted hats! Fingerless gloves! Boots!  Oh my goodness, the boots! All in lovely warm colours like mustard yellow, burnt orange, chocolate brown and deep red.

I ask you, how could one not fall in love with fall?

Here are some selections from the shop and some other favourites to warm up your autumn style:









1 comment: