Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Wish List

Let me just say that there a lot of things about Christmas that I dislike. For one thing, the consumerist drive to spend, spend, spend on cheaply-made trinkets that none of us really need. But, every year, I can't help but get all tingly when December approaches and twinkling lights start appearing all over the city. Now, that I live in the temperate climate of the West Coast, I find myself craving a snowfall like we had in the good old days back east.

And, although I hate the idea of me or anyone I love trolling a busy, over-heated holiday mall looking for gifts,  I still have a wish list. Doesn't everyone? Some things you just can't get at a thrift store, and since I find it difficult to shop anywhere else, those are the things that mostly make up my wish list.

For me, Christmas still feels as special as it did when I was a kid. It's not about presents, it's about the sights, the smells, the time spent with friends, the laughs shared with family...openings presents is just the whipped cream on the pumpkin pie.

So here is my Christmas wish list: 
Dear Santa, I have been a very good girl this year and wouldn't mind getting...

source
a sweet vintage kitchen scale that works
source

a cool set of measuring cups to replace my sad, sad current set.
 source


a wide silver ring, like this gorgeous one made from a spoon


source
a food processor so I can make my own mayonnaise!
source

An 8 oz travel mug, because I just can't drink 12-16 oz of coffee
source

some new measuring spoons that come in cool colours and wont crack or fall apart .
source

Oh, how I wish someone would win the lottery and buy me a professional level DSLR camera
source

A lemon zester. Yup, I want to zest some lemons.
source

a pair of cozy, hand-made slippers without leopard print, fur or pink designs on them (why are women's slippers always  so hideous?)
source
a sweet pair of hiking boots so, come spring, Ryan and I can rock some overnight hikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment