Saturday, February 25, 2012

Easiest Ever Vegan Parmesan


Ok, so this recipe is almost too easy to post. I feel like I am patronizing you somehow by toting this as some revelation in the vegan cheese world. But, in all my dairy-alternative searching, I have never come across this particularly awesome version of parmesan. I like to think I invented it, but chances are it's just so simple that people are just walking around thinking "like...duh. Of course that's how you make vegan parmesan."

But to me, it was a revelation. It is perfect on tomato-sauced pasta. As a topping for baked macaroni. Sprinkled over squash.

And, if I must confess, since my posts have been few and far between, I thought this would be a nice quick little post for Saturday afternoon.

So, without further ado...the best and easiest vegan cheese topping...ever.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup raw cashews
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp mustard powder
1 - 1 1/2 tsp sea salt



Toss all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until cashews are finely crumbled.
Serve on anything  and everything you'd put parmesan on.
Ta-da!

Store leftovers in a sealed container. No need to refrigerate!

No comments:

Post a Comment