Monday, December 12, 2011

Let It Snow

source
source
source


source
source
source
source
source
It may seem strange, especially to those who are up to their eyeballs in a frozen fortress of the stuff, but I really want it to snow here in Victoria.  And really, even I am starting to doubt my own sanity because, it is beautiful here right now. The sun is shining, there is barely a cloud in the sky and it is just cool enough to wear a cozy sweater - more like fall than winter. But, the Decembers of my childhood were in a snowier climate and that's still what I expect around this time of year. I'm one of those people that still gets all fuzzy and weird about Christmas and it's just not the same without the snow.

I keep hoping that it'll be like in the movies, when that California family wakes up on Christmas morning to see the Christmas! Miracle! of Snow! Of course, if that does happen, the entire city will shut down because in places like Victoria they just don't know how to handle a little white fluff. People literally start driving off the roads. And I just revel the hell out of it.

Snow just makes everything look pure and pretty. It makes the city quiet and the indoors seem even cozier. I'll admit, come February, snow is gross. It's grey and slushy and we are all sick of it by then. But, in December, snow is fresh and new and needed to know we're in another season.

No comments:

Post a Comment